Contribute to the Quarterly Index
For over 50 years, the C2ER Cost of Living Index has been the most consistent source of city-to-city cost comparisons available. Published quarterly, using over 60 goods and services collected at the local level from over 300 independent researchers, COLI is the only local level cost of living index available for the US.
The Cost of Living Index:
- Enables you to represent the value of living in your community.
- Provides relocation data for potential new businesses and residents.
Useful and versatile, the Cost of Living Index data is:
- Comprehensive. Data is available at the MSA level and now at the county level.
- Categorical. Organized into 6 categories: food, housing, utilities, transportation, health care, and miscellaneous goods and services, as well as a composite index.
- Timely. Data is released on a quarterly basis, within 2 to 3 months after its collection.
- Reliable. Methodology has been recognized by the U.S. Census Bureau, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, President’s Council of Economic Advisors, Bankrate.com, and Brookings Institution.
- Respected. Routinely cited by the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Kiplingers, CNNMoney, US News and World Report, ABC News, and many other national media outlets.
Why Should Your City Participate?
- Ensure accurate data you can trust
- Recruit potential businesses and residents with reliable cost of living data
- Compare your city and community with others across the country
- Contribute to a national price database and proven city-level comparison Index
- Obtain access to housing and price data for other cities across the country
For more information or to learn how the Cost of Living Index can help your region compete, please visit coli.org or contact Jennie Allison at 703-522-4980 (ext. 1021) or email@example.com